Live a wild, crazy, meaningful life by exploring the Enneagram!
Stop living on autopilot and start living a wild, crazy, meaningful life! The Enneagram is a powerful tool for understanding your personality type, but that’s only the beginning. The Enneagram also points you toward the path to unlock your highest potential, and gives you a map for avoiding the obstacles that could trip you up.
I’m your host Pace Smith, The Pathfinding Coach, and this is Kyeli, my feisty mermaid sidekick.
Together, we GET HYPE about the Enneagram! This is not some dry, stuffy, academic podcast. We’ll teach you everything you need to know about the Enneagram, but we’ll do it in a friendly, accessible way. We’ll explain the jargon, we’ll show you how you can apply the Enneagram to your life, and we’ll make lots of dorky jokes.
There’s so much to say about the Enneagram that we’ve got something for everyone, whether you’re a newbie or an Enneagram expert. (If you’re a newbie, you might want to start with episode 1 before you dive into the middle.)
- Sometimes, the two of us will teach you about an Enneagram-related topic, and show you how it can help you live a wild, crazy, meaningful life.
- Sometimes, we’ll have a conversation with a well-respected Enneagram teacher.
- Sometimes, we’ll have a conversation with a normal human being (or a panel of normal human beings) about how the Enneagram shows up in their day-to-day life.
We’ll mix it up and keep it fresh.
We publish a new episode every Wednesday morning, so listen in and we’ll explore the Enneagram together!
A pre-conference day about science,
Some differ, some shrug in compliance.
There were brilliant quotations,
Some great conversations,
And one patriarchal defiance.
Here are my takeaways from the IEA 2016 Pre-Conference Day with Russ Hudson, Mario Sikora, and Jack Killen.
- Belief vs. inquiry
- Interested is a heart quality.
- Actively receptive in your mind. It transcends and includes discernment and openness.
- The head center is the least developed. Count gyms vs. philosophy clubs
- “Real reason has heart in it, but the two aren’t divorced.”
- Enlightenment is a head thing. It’s illumination.
- Mental chatter is like static when the radio is not tuned correctly. The right solution is to tune it, not to turn it off.
- The quiet behind that static is where thinking comes from.
- Mario: naïve intuition vs. expert intuition
- Jack: don’t be too enchanted by your models.
- Russ: Look for the paradox. What transcends and includes both?
- Use the right knowing tool for the right knowing task.
- Fast thinking vs. slow thinking
- What if there are ten types? The nine we know and people for whom the enneagram doesn’t apply?
- “All genuine development is uncomfortable.” -Russ
- “Spirituality is often usurped by the ever-popular desire to become a happy baby.” -Russ
- “Science advances one funeral at a time.” -Max Planck
- Russ: don’t identify with your type
- With a scientific perspective, finding out you’re wrong feels like a gain instead of a loss
- “The heart won’t settle for anything less than the truth. ” -Russ
- Russ: calculus is a useful language to describe classical physics. Statistics is a useful language to describe quantum physics. What is a useful language to describe subjective experience? Tears of truth!
- The body creates the space for head and heart to meet.
- The enneagram is the circle of the unitive mind, the triangle of the discursive mind, the hexad of dynamism.
- Polarity: “I am my enneagram type” vs. “I am beyond all types.” Try both on at the same time.
If you enjoyed this episode, would you be so kind as to leave us a review? You can find us by going to the Podcast page in iTunes and searching for “wild crazy meaningful enneagram”. Thanks! Your review helps more people discover the awesomeness of the Enneagram.
And if you’d like to discover how the Enneagram could help YOU, sign up for an Enneagram Exploration! The Enneagram Exploration is your opportunity to talk with me one-on-one about how the Enneagram can help you live a wild, crazy, meaningful life. If that piques your curiosity, you can find out more at EnneagramPodcast.com.
We’re here every Wednesday morning, so we’ll see you next time!