Do you want to live a wholehearted, unconventional life?
The Dervish and the Mermaid is a podcast about pathfinding, the Enneagram, living wholeheartedly, feminism & activism for sensitive people, self-love & body love, and plenty more!
Pace (the Dervish) is a Sufi, a Pathfinding coach, a pansexual polyamorous transgender Dance Dance Revolution (DDR) player, and an Enneagram 3.
Kyeli (the Mermaid) is a wildhearted witch, a self-love advocate, disabled, adventurous, and an Enneagram self-pres 4.
Together, we fight crime! …as well as curiously explore how the world works, build bridges of compassion by working to understand people who are different, investigate how to be effective activists when we’re both highly sensitive, and generally explore life through the lens of mystic feminist queer gamer geeks.
We live our lives wholeheartedly and we’re here to help you do the same.
We publish a new episode every Thursday morning, so tune in to join us for these and all sorts of other shenanigans!
p.s. This is the podcast formerly known as Wild Crazy Meaningful Life (and also the podcast formerly known as Wild Crazy Meaningful Enneagram); listen to episode 121 to find out why.
If you just live your life off the cuff,
You might feel you’re not up to snuff.
If you “Find Your Path Now”
Then you’re worthy somehow,
But otherwise you’re not enough.
This is an insidious lie!
A path’s not a thing you can buy.
Don’t fall for that trap:
It’s compass, not map.
Your path is a how, not a why.
- Myth #5: It’s unlikely I’ll ever find true fulfillment, so I might as well settle for good enough.
- Why You’re Too Qualified and Respectful to Produce Great Content (Pace’s Copyblogger post)
- Unethical business practices in the “do what you love for a living” crowd
- Kyeli’s story of surrogacy
- Pace’s story of “helping people feels good”
I write you this poem most lyrical
To question: just what is a miracle?
Is it some kind of sign?
Is it from the Divine?
Or is there an answer empirical?
- Weird stuff we’ve experienced, part 1
- The “grey dots” optical illusion
- impossible colors
- the misinformation effect
- the lost in the mall experiment
- physics envy
- Treating paranormal research as a soft science instead of a hard science
- the psych study about the park with the fake secret base and the false memories
- the mandela effect
- WCME 066: The Enneagram and NLP, with Tom Condon
The strong status quo makes you hesitant.
“It’s not my place” is the impediment.
But you can’t be intentional
And default conventional
So go on, relocate that elephant!
Kyeli tells the story of when she rearranged a restaurant’s bathroom and what it taught her about Maslow’s Hierarchy of needs, complacency, and empowerment.