Path #1: The Jewel in my heart is Goodness. When my Jewel shines clearly, I reflect Goodness into the world like Gandhi, in service of rightness and justice. When my Jewel is obstructed by self-hatred or by the voice of my harsh inner judge, my essential Goodness can come across as self-righteousness or nitpicky perfectionism. I’m trying my best to find my essential Goodness, and I need to remember that I can’t get that by living up to my impossible inner standard of rightness; I can only find true Goodness by learning to be present with myself as I am.
- the usual error
- “you are perfect”
- The Paradox of Perfection
- resentment, martyrdom
- The One’s stress and security points
- Why Ones are awesome
- Holy Perfection
- let yourself be witnessed with compassion
- distinguish your inner judge’s voice from your own voice
- self-care and play
- be vulnerable
- don’t repress the parts of you that you don’t like
- acceptance of others, self-acceptance
- how you can harness your personality instead of trying to repress it
- A conversation with Amanda (a One) about what it’s like to be her
- The Usual Error
- The Spiritual Dimension of the Enneagram, by Sandra Maitri
If you enjoyed this episode, would you be so kind as to leave us a review? You can find us by going to the Podcast page in iTunes and searching for “wild crazy meaningful enneagram”. Thanks! Your review helps more people discover the awesomeness of the Enneagram.
And if you’d like to discover how the Enneagram could help YOU, sign up for an Enneagram Exploration! The Enneagram Exploration is your opportunity to talk with me one-on-one about how the Enneagram can help you live a wild, crazy, meaningful life. If that piques your curiosity, you can find out more at EnneagramPodcast.com.
We’re here every Wednesday morning, so we’ll see you next time!