With Julica Hermann:
Where does perfectionism come from, why does it suck so much, and how can we heal from it? How is perfectionism related to shame, vulnerability, and control? Kyeli, in a courageous example of vulnerability, talks about her punctuation perfectionism and her dictation difficulties: feeling ashamed of being disabled and not wanting anyone to know how bad it really is.
- Pace’s perfectionism origin story
- perfectionism ends when it’s (1) too much, or (2) too empty
- original sin
- the body compass, and how to tell whether you’re getting guidance from your wise self or your tantrum-throwing inner two-year-old
- we’re all canoes on the ocean
- Jen Hofmann
- Brene Brown, who is not locked in our creepy stairway to nowhere
- Martha Beck on the body compass
- Jen Louden on shadow comfort
Our guest Julica Hermann can be found at julicahermann.com.
To subscribe or listen to past episodes of Wild Crazy Meaningful Life, visit WildCrazyMeaningful.com. See you next time, and until then, keep on riding the spiritual rollercoaster!