Rest is undervalued in our culture, but we need it desperately. Rest is not necessarily a horizontal activity; it can be about making moments yours, and reclaiming the spaces that are already there.
- why is it so hard to rest?
- rest rest rest flow > slog slog slog slog
- looking busy
- different people need different amounts & types of rest
- Take the amount of rest you think you need and multiply it by at least 3
- What the Enneagram says about Western culture
- “We have to, as individuals, decide how we want to live.” -Mara Glatzel
- Mara’s story of how she chose to rest
- “Resting is not necessarily a horizontal activity” -MaraGlatzel
- “What do I need right now?”
- the trap of “Blue Ribbon Resting”
- attach rest to something you already do
- making moments yours, and reclaiming the spaces that are already there
- creating a restful morning routine and evening routine
- The “effort = value” myth, the “appearance of effort = value” myth, and spiritual practice
- The Deep Exhale
To subscribe or listen to past episodes of Wild Crazy Meaningful Life, visit WildCrazyMeaningful.com.