Kyeli recently read the book Big Magic, by Elizabeth Gilbert. It’s the best book on creativity she’s ever read, and here are some of our takeaways:
- Creativity comes from outside you, not within
- “Nothing precious, all things sacred.” -Alanis Morissette
- Being the river vs. pushing the river
- The E-Myth
- “Do what you love” vs. “Do what you love for a living”
- The trope of the suffering artist
- Buzzed Bunny (warning: far more offensive than the usual offensive shit we link to)
- “I choose joy over grit.”
You can purchase Big Magic on Amazon or anyplace you like better. Yes, Kyeli, that is an Amazon affiliate link! Because I’m EXTREME!
Thanks for listening to Wild Crazy Meaningful Life! If you enjoyed this episode, please review us on iTunes and send your friends to WildCrazyMeaningfulLife.com.
That’s also where you can download my free eBook, Find Your Path Now. It’ll help you stop living on autopilot and start living the wild, crazy, meaningful life you were meant to live!