Today is Thanksgiving here in the US and we wanted to share our gratitude with you!
1. My marriage with Kyeli. We just celebrated our 7-year anniversary on November 19th, and I’m overfilled with gratitude for her love, support, and presence in my life.
2. My business partnership with Kyeli. Even now that her disability has changed the ways she’s able to work, we’re still a great team – and in some ways, an even better team!
3. Our amazing assistant Heidi. She doesn’t step out into the spotlight much (except today, yay!) but she’s always working hard behind the scenes, making sure everything gets done and fits together.
4. My son. Even though he’s not with us for this leg of the journey, I’m grateful to be his mom. And I’m grateful that he’s having a good time right now with another slice of his family.
5. My parents. Snowcrash (my dad) and my mom have been loving and supportive of me and my crazy life, even when it’s been hard. I’m grateful that my crazy life now allows us to drive our home out to my mom’s home so we can spend Thanksgiving together.
6. Friends. I am blessed with wonderful friendships, and I’m grateful for the opportunity to spend time with my friends during our journeys.
7. Connection. I’m grateful for the opportunity to meet new people, connect, and help others follow their dreams.
8. My clients. I’m honored to be a Pathfinding coach for some truly amazing people. I’m grateful for their trust and faith in me, and for the opportunity to help them find their paths.
9. You. I’m grateful for your attention. I appreciate you reading this, and I hope you have a fantastic day!
10. Dubstep. Because OMG DUBSTEP!!!1!
1. Pace. Because she is amazing, because she encourages me to be wholly myself, because I love her more than anything. I am so grateful and lucky to have her as a partner in business and in life.
2. My son. Since before he was even born, he has been making my life more amazing and more miraculous, every day.
3. My best friends. I am so blessed to have several people I consider best friends, each one of whom loves me and supports me and makes my life better.
4. My cat. He is funny and quirky and loyal and sweet, and I love him to bits.
5. My business. I feel so grateful every day to be able to do what I love for a living.
6. You. Because without you, I would have no reason to do what I love for a living.
7. Technology. I am so grateful to be living with technology that allows me to connect and do my work even with a disability that would otherwise be crippling.
8. My body. Though we have certainly not been the best of friends, having a body that mostly works is certainly worth feeling grateful
9. Our RV. I am thrilled beyond belief to be living in a magickal home that moves. It’s a dream come true and I am grateful for it every day.
10. My iPhone. I know I already said technology, but my iPhone is my key to the world – it is how I express myself through photography. It’s how I stay connected on Facebook and Twitter. It’s how I talk to my friends and family. It’s even how I listen to music. It’s pretty much the best thing ever.
1. My wonderful husband! He’s a brat, and a geek, and the sweetest most romantic guy I’ve ever met (but don’t tell him I said so)! I love him madly, and am thankful every day for having him in my life.
2. My soon-to-be-born son. I’ve been anticipating his arrival for years (though luckily I’ve only actually been pregnant for 7 months), and I can’t wait to finally meet him. I am so thankful for the opportunity to get to know him, and help him grow into his own little fabulous self!
3. My family. They are such an important part of my life, and I can’t imagine making this transition to motherhood without them here to help me along the way.
4. My health.My body and I haven’t always gotten along, and pregnancy has definitely thrown my body and I a few loops. But all in all we’re doing amazingly well, and I am incredibly thankful that we’re in good enough health to have a homebirth!
5. My office. For the first time in almost two years, I have a room all to myself, where I can run away and hide… I mean, go to get important work done! ;)
6. My mostly-very-good-dog. She’s a little bit naughty and only sort of mostly listens… but she always loves me, and never fails to bring a smile to my face. Even when she’s driving me crazy by rooting in the garbage (again)!
7. My sister. I know I already mentioned my family, but my sister deserves special mention. We haven’t always gotten along, but in the last handful of years she’s become my best friend. No matter what, I know she’s always there for me (usually with something appropriately snarky to say to cheer me up).
8. My amazing, supportive bosses! Aside from Pace and Kyeli, who are (of course) amazing, I have two other ‘bosses’. I am ridiculously thankful for the support they’ve offered, and the flexibility they’ve provided as I head towards new motherhood.
9. The views outside my windows. Having lived in a city my entire life (albeit a small one), I get a little thrill everytime I look outside my windows and see rolling hills and mountains and trees. Knowing my son will get to grow up with all this space makes me even happier.
10. A healthy sense of humor. The last year has been full of amazing change. Most of which has been magical, and some of which has been frustrating as hell. I am constantly thankful for my ability to keep things in perspective, and laugh at the ridiculousness of the frustrating bits. Otherwise I might have to be thankful for a straight-jacket!