HeartMath and racism (IEA 2017 part 2 of 3)
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Here’s more I learned from Philip Shepherd, and everything I learned from Sheva Carr at IEA 2017. And of course, we talk about racism.
Some fabulous speakers on scene,
A focus on practice: that’s keen.
We’re still old and white,
But there’s a lot we got right
at IEA 2017!
Part 1: Wholeness and sensing with the belly center (learned from Philip Shepherd)
- “Ideas are frozen energy.” -Philip Shepherd
- This is related to racism too! It’s so white to be in your head!
- Does physical warmth correlate with emotional warmth? If so, why?
- WCML 065: How to have awkward conversations about race without being afraid of fucking up, with Ericka Hines
- “The most dangerous people on the planet are those who value their ideas about reality over reality itself.” -Philip Shepherd
- A lunch conversation with the IEA board about diversity
- Sheva Carr on HeartMath
- Event + perception + reaction = outcome. That’s HeartMath.
- The etymological fallacy
- Talk about a time I felt authentic. My body is activated, my emotions are soft but big, and my thoughts are sharp.
- She hit menopause at twenty due to PTSD but reversed it at 28 by HeartMath
- You see the world the way you feel
- An enemy is a friend whose story you have yet to hear.
- A nine year old girl got a donor heart from a murder victim and identified the murderer in a lineup
- Your coherence can encourage someone near you to become coherent.
- We are all pacemaker cells within the heart of humanity.
- You are the older twin for this world. You know what you’re the older twin for by what you care about.
You can find Sheva Carr at HeartMastery
Thanks for listening to The Dervish and the Mermaid! If you enjoyed this episode, please review us on iTunes and send your friends to PaceSmith.com.
That’s also where you can download my free ebook, Find Your Path Now. It’ll help you stop living on autopilot and start living a wholehearted, intentional life.
Feel clear and confident about your direction in life!
Do you wish you could follow your heart, but it seems impossible? I can help you find the clarity and courage you need.
In other words, I can help you find your path.