Path #6: The Jewel in my heart is Guidance. When my Jewel shines clearly, I reflect Guidance into the world like Ellen DeGeneres, building connection so we can all work together for the common good. When my Jewel is obstructed by anxiety, my essential Guidance can come across as skepticism or blind obedience to authority. I’m trying my best to find my essential Guidance, and I need to remember that I can’t get that from any person or organization outside myself; I can only find true Guidance by learning to trust the inner wisdom of my heart.
- “Being a six: wanting to know for sure more than anything else in the universe, while simultaneously believing that knowing anything for sure is fundamentally impossible.” -Seanan Kristine Thomas
- polarity push-pull: The Loyalist vs. The Skeptic
- phobic vs. counterphobic Sixes
- security, knowing the rules, wanting to know what’s expected
- The center of the Thinking triad, feeling and doing are mushed together
- The Jewel of the Six
- The Passion of the Six: Fear (shows up as anxiety)
- the inner committee
- hypervigilance (but not like a Two’s hypervigilance)
- stress and security points: 3 and 9
- Enneagram Sixes: Take your hamster out of that wheel and onto a meditation mat!
- Walk barefoot in the garden, despite the snake.
- Notice your decision-making process.
- Get past the safety dip; kick the duck
- Why Sixes are awesome: persistence, Hufflepuff, community, faith
- Holy Strength and Holy Faith – based on direct experience, not blind!
If you enjoyed this episode, would you be so kind as to leave us a review? You can find us by going to the Podcast page in iTunes and searching for “wild crazy meaningful enneagram”. Thanks! Your review helps more people discover the awesomeness of the Enneagram.
And if you’d like to discover how the Enneagram could help YOU, sign up for an Enneagram Exploration! The Enneagram Exploration is your opportunity to talk with me one-on-one about how the Enneagram can help you live a wild, crazy, meaningful life. If that piques your curiosity, you can find out more at EnneagramPodcast.com.
We’re here every Wednesday morning, so we’ll see you next time!