Path #4: The Jewel in my heart is Depth. When my Jewel shines clearly, I reflect Depth into the world like Alanis Morissette, diving into my own heart to unearth the treasures buried within, helping others know themselves more deeply through my own vulnerable self-expression. When my Jewel is obstructed by envy or melancholy, my essential Depth can come across as moodiness, self-consciousness, and haughtiness. I’m trying my best to find my essential Depth, and I need to remember that I can’t get that from escaping into my emotions; I can only find true Depth by being the eye of the hurricane, centered in myself.
- the Jewel of the Four
- feeling seen/heard
- feeling your thoughts
- identity, being different, being special
- The Sorting Hat
- “Dislike the Enneagram cause you’re too unique to fit in 1 of 9 types? You might be a Four.”
- Fours are the most likely to know their Enneagram type
- self-image and the painting
- waiting for a rescuer. “You are the one you’ve been waiting for.”
- envy, longing
- the Sufi story of the old dog and the bone
- “look at me / don’t look at me”
- Mystery, “you cannot possibly understand me”
- Four goes to Two under stress
- your feelings are not the whole truth
- Personality Judo: true depth does not get tossed about like the stormy surface of the sea
- dive into your soul… and then come up for air
- keep your feet on the ground, and cultivate friends who will call you on your shit
- When Four goes to One
- Be a kaleidoscope, not a painting
- The importance of structure
- In the next episode, we’ll talk about the Cosmic Cookie Sheet…
If you enjoyed this episode, would you be so kind as to leave us a review? You can find us by going to the Podcast page in iTunes and searching for “wild crazy meaningful enneagram”. Thanks! Your review helps more people discover the awesomeness of the Enneagram.
And if you’d like to discover how the Enneagram could help YOU, sign up for an Enneagram Exploration! The Enneagram Exploration is your opportunity to talk with me one-on-one about how the Enneagram can help you live a wild, crazy, meaningful life. If that piques your curiosity, you can find out more at EnneagramPodcast.com.
We’re here every Wednesday morning, so we’ll see you next time!