WCME 028: Enneagram Story Genres, with Judith Searle
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Each Enneagram type corresponds with one or more story genres, like Thriller, Success Story, or Western. Judith Searle explains how these fit together and what you can do with that knowledge as a writer, filmmaker, or storyteller.
- What does it mean for a book or a film to have a type? Is it the protagonist’s type? The author’s type?
- Judith goes through the story genres corresponding through each type: 6 3 9 1 4 2 8 5 7
- The Hero’s Journey as a romp ’round the 9-3-6 triangle
- Now that you know this correspondence between genres and Enneagram types, what can you do with it?
- One answer: It can help you fill the vast wasteland of the second act.
- Another answer: Tell your life story in 5 minutes. The genre of the story you told is probably your Enneagram type.
You can find Judith at judithsearle.com.
If you enjoyed this episode, would you be so kind as to leave us a review? You can find us by going to the Podcast page in iTunes and searching for “wild crazy meaningful enneagram”. Thanks! Your review helps more people discover the awesomeness of the Enneagram.
And if you’d like to discover how the Enneagram could help YOU, sign up for an Enneagram Exploration! The Enneagram Exploration is your opportunity to talk with me one-on-one about how the Enneagram can help you live a wild, crazy, meaningful life. If that piques your curiosity, you can find out more at EnneagramPodcast.com.
We’re here every Wednesday morning, so we’ll see you next time!
Feel clear and confident about your direction in life!
Do you wish you could follow your heart, but it seems impossible? I can help you find the clarity and courage you need.
In other words, I can help you find your path.