WCME 033: Exploring Type Two (The Helper)
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Path #2: The Jewel in my heart is Unconditional Love. When my Jewel shines clearly, I reflect Unconditional Love into the world like Mother Teresa, embodying kindness and wholehearted generosity. When my Jewel is obstructed by my own need to feel appreciated for everything I give to others, my essential Love can come across as codependence or passive-aggression. I’m trying my best to find Unconditional Love, and I need to remember that I can’t get that from helping others or being needed; I can only find true Unconditional Love by being honest with myself about my true motivations.
- “I must give in order to get”: conditional love vs. unconditional love
- Two acts like Eight (The Challenger) under stress
- How Twos can end up in codependent relationships
- Feeling mixed with Doing: Twos “do their feelings”
- How the whole feeling triad (Two, Three, and Four) deals with feeling worthless, and how Twos deal with it in particular
- Twos have trouble expressing their needs directly, and this can come across as passive-aggressive
- Sometimes Twos cross personal boundaries in an attempt to be overhelpful
- Acknowledge your dark side. Notice your own flattery.
- Not everyone will like you.
- Translate others’ love languages so you can feel loved without making the usual error
- Notice your pride (which may look like humility)
- Ask yourself: “Why am I saying yes?”
- Separate feeling from doing. Accept all your feelings without filtering, without doing – like a healthy Four.
- Use “personality judo” to love yourself fiercely and take good care of yourself.
- Transform your love scarcity into love abundance. You don’t have to get love, you are love.
- Essential Will, Essential Freedom
If you enjoyed this episode, would you be so kind as to leave us a review? You can find us by going to the Podcast page in iTunes and searching for “wild crazy meaningful enneagram”. Thanks! Your review helps more people discover the awesomeness of the Enneagram.
And if you’d like to discover how the Enneagram could help YOU, sign up for an Enneagram Exploration! The Enneagram Exploration is your opportunity to talk with me one-on-one about how the Enneagram can help you live a wild, crazy, meaningful life. If that piques your curiosity, you can find out more at EnneagramPodcast.com.
We’re here every Wednesday morning, so we’ll see you next time!
Feel clear and confident about your direction in life!
Do you wish you could follow your heart, but it seems impossible? I can help you find the clarity and courage you need.
In other words, I can help you find your path.