WCML 004 – Living in an Instagrammed world
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
With Liz Lamoreux:
What’s the truth behind the glimpses you see into our lives on Instagram, on Facebook, on our blogs? What are our responsibilities as content consumers? What are our responsibilities as content creators – to avoid stepping on our readers’ toes? To be authentic? – and what does that even mean?
We don’t have a lot of answers, but please join us in the conversation!
- Pace drags the karaoke machine out of the creepy stairway to nowhere so Kyeli can sing “Instagram Girl” to the tune of Madonna’s “Material Girl”
- friends vs. fans
- openness vs. honesty
- the lie of social media
- spoiler warnings and trigger warnings
- the monkeysphere
- the assumptions we make about people’s lives, and the usual error
- Andrea Scher as an example of authenticity
- Jen Louden‘s concept of shadow comfort
- Pam Slim‘s high council of Jedi Knights, and her freakishly awesome ability to remember everyone and be super sweet to them all
- What lab rats can teach us about Facebook
Our guest Liz Lamoreux can be found at lizlamoreux.com and the post that inspired this podcast is here.
To subscribe or listen to past episodes of Wild Crazy Meaningful Life, visit WildCrazyMeaningful.com. See you next time, and until then, keep on riding the spiritual rollercoaster!
Feel clear and confident about your direction in life!
Do you wish you could follow your heart, but it seems impossible? I can help you find the clarity and courage you need.
In other words, I can help you find your path.