WCML 050: Permission to Rest with Mara Glatzel
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Rest is undervalued in our culture, but we need it desperately. Rest is not necessarily a horizontal activity; it can be about making moments yours, and reclaiming the spaces that are already there.
- why is it so hard to rest?
- rest rest rest flow > slog slog slog slog
- looking busy
- different people need different amounts & types of rest
- Take the amount of rest you think you need and multiply it by at least 3
- What the Enneagram says about Western culture
- “We have to, as individuals, decide how we want to live.” -Mara Glatzel
- Mara’s story of how she chose to rest
- “Resting is not necessarily a horizontal activity” -MaraGlatzel
- “What do I need right now?”
- the trap of “Blue Ribbon Resting”
- attach rest to something you already do
- making moments yours, and reclaiming the spaces that are already there
- creating a restful morning routine and evening routine
- The “effort = value” myth, the “appearance of effort = value” myth, and spiritual practice
- The Deep Exhale
You can find Mara at maraglatzel.com. Follow her on Instagram and say hi!
To subscribe or listen to past episodes of Wild Crazy Meaningful Life, visit WildCrazyMeaningful.com.
Feel clear and confident about your direction in life!
Do you wish you could follow your heart, but it seems impossible? I can help you find the clarity and courage you need.
In other words, I can help you find your path.