WCML 058: Technically accessible but not really
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
A glimpse into Kyeli’s life: what it’s like to be disabled. Presented in the spirit of fostering understanding and compassion.
- the usual error
- What it’s like for Kyeli to go to a restaurant that claims to be accessible but isn’t really
- What it’s like for Kyeli to go to a movie theater with wheelchair seating
- What it’s like for Kyeli to wait in a waiting room
- My picture of Kyeli making the ridiculous sink gesture came out unusably blurry, sorry.
- How to be a good ally:
- Be flexible, because what’s an inconvenience for you could be someone else’s basic need.
- Ask if you can help and how you can help.
- Have compassion, and try to put yourself in the other person’s shoes.
- “I used to be abled, and I was privileged as fuck.” -Kyeli
- “Don’t be bitter”
Thanks for listening to Wild Crazy Meaningful Life! If you enjoyed this episode, please review us on iTunes and send your friends to WildCrazyMeaningfulLife.com.
That’s also where you can download my free eBook, Find Your Path Now. It’ll help you stop living on autopilot and start living the wild, crazy, meaningful life you were meant to live!
Feel clear and confident about your direction in life!
Do you wish you could follow your heart, but it seems impossible? I can help you find the clarity and courage you need.
In other words, I can help you find your path.