I got rid of Facebook’s banality,
And started to face my mortality.
With nothing to numb,
I’ve got to find some-
thing that counts as my core speciality.
Kyeli discusses her mid-life crisis with Pace, and faces some hardcore limiting beliefs.
- mid-life crisis
- ticking off all the tickyboxes on the culturally sanctioned to-do list
- the war on boredom is the introspection killer
- rephrasing dabbler -> multipotentialite
- the culture of achievement
- The One True Calling Myth
- The Work by Byron Katie
- retraining “If you’re not going to devote yourself to it 24/7/365, why bother?” into “It is okay to do this just because I like it.”
Thanks for listening to Wild Crazy Meaningful Life! If you enjoyed this episode, please review us on iTunes and send your friends to WildCrazyMeaningfulLife.com.
That’s also where you can download my free eBook, Find Your Path Now. It’ll help you stop living on autopilot and start living the wild, crazy, meaningful life you were meant to live!