WCML 116: Peaceful Productivity 1: Peaceful Self-Care
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Productivity? Better beware.
I’ll compare, which will lead to despair.
Instead of this struggle,
How ’bout a nice snuggle?
Let’s start off with peaceful self-care.
- making peace with productivity
- “I am hard on myself when I feel unproductive.” survey question. half the class agreed and the other half… strongly agreed.
- rewriting tapes. you can’t erase them.
- “I get more done in one hour when I’m well-rested than I get done in eight hours of pushing through.”
- “I would rather be a peaceful failure than a stressed-out success.”
- “Taking care of myself is important, valuable, and necessary.”
- “I’m worthy of love for who I am, not for what I do.”
- we are heart people in a brain world
- Help Wanted story
- resistance to structure, like “you have to go to bed now” as a kid
- I used to think “structure meant a lack of freedom”
- structure = “I have to get up at 8am” but it doesn’t have to be like that. It can be semi-flexible
- acceptance and compassion. whatever you choose, even if it’s not the productive option, choose it wholeheartedly
- resisting the things that are the most important – it’s actually a good sign
- Spiritual practice is the magic bullet for maintaining peace.
- Rest and play
- Give yourself permission to be where you are and take care of yourself
- Spaciousness inside out. Heart first, calendar second.
- Stay-at-home retreat
- Even a little time is enough to be kind to yourself
- Put your own oxygen mask on first. “If your compassion does not include yourself, it is incomplete.” -Jack Kornfield
- capacity management – schedule recovery days, don’t oversocial yourself before a big social thing
- What even is self-care? How to know what is effective self-care for yourself.
Thanks for listening to Wild Crazy Meaningful Life! If you enjoyed this episode, please review us on iTunes and send your friends to WildCrazyMeaningfulLife.com.
That’s also where you can download my free eBook, Find Your Path Now. It’ll help you stop living on autopilot and start living the wild, crazy, meaningful life you were meant to live!
Feel clear and confident about your direction in life!
Do you wish you could follow your heart, but it seems impossible? I can help you find the clarity and courage you need.
In other words, I can help you find your path.