WCML 117: Peaceful Productivity 2: Peaceful Habits
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Productivity isn’t traumatic
If you make it less vague and erratic.
Don’t push and don’t force,
Instead, set the course,
Then accomplish things on automatic!
- when it’s good to be on autopilot and when it’s dangerous. habits vs. practices (autopilot vs. mindful)
- habits got a bad rap
- “morning routines, morning autopilot, was what I have used, ever since high school, to get from nice comfy bed to horrible morning school or job. Autopilot doesn’t take me anyplace good.” – a past student
- “good” habits vs. “bad” habits
- let go of “should”
- motivation to form a habit (see also next week)
- Gretchen Rubin’s habit types:
- Upholders wake up and think, “What’s on the schedule and the to-do list for today?”
- Rebels wake up and think, “What do I want to do today?”
- Obligers wake up and think, “What must I do today?”
- Questioners wake up and think, “What needs to get done today, and why?”
- What Kind of Person Are You? The Four Rubin Tendencies.
- “Better Than Before”
- The 6 keys to forming a habit:
- 30-day trial
- little changes
- one at a time
- 2 special cases:
- when your routine changes, either find a trigger that will stay the same, or plan to reinstate your habit later
- you can’t quit, you can only replace.
Thanks for listening to Wild Crazy Meaningful Life! If you enjoyed this episode, please review us on iTunes and send your friends to WildCrazyMeaningfulLife.com.
That’s also where you can download my free eBook, Find Your Path Now. It’ll help you stop living on autopilot and start living the wild, crazy, meaningful life you were meant to live!
Feel clear and confident about your direction in life!
Do you wish you could follow your heart, but it seems impossible? I can help you find the clarity and courage you need.
In other words, I can help you find your path.